Board of Directors
President shall act as Chairman of the Board of Directors and shall preside at all meetings of the Board. He/she shall also serve as ex-officio member of all committees.
President-Elect shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President or upon indisposition of the President. The President-Elect shall chair the nominations committee.
Secretary/Treasurer shall provide oversight of the Society’s organizational documents, meeting minutes, financial activities and performance.
Past-President will be in charge of all awards to the Chapter or from the Chapter to the members and shall serve as ASHE and Advocacy Liaison.
Education Vice President along with the At Large Directors shall be responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, and evaluating KSHE educational offerings including face-to-face and online programs.
Membership Vice President shall be responsible for the solicitation activities of the Society for new and renewing members and will work with the At Large Directors to assess and address the needs of the membership
The duties of the at-large directors shall be flexible and shall address specific needs identified by the board of directors. The board of directors shall determine the primary role of the At-Large Director (examples include membership, education, scholarships, etc.) prior to the director assuming those responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends and participates as a voting member in all board of directors’ meetings. The board typically meets once per month via teleconference, once in-person in advance of the annual conference, and in-person for a two-day strategic planning session.
- Accepts and performs special duties and tasks as assigned by the board to further strategic initiatives.
- Provides support for ongoing initiatives of the board, which may include but are not limited to: a) writing articles for KSHE Update; b) serving on special projects to support membership development, c) chair or support committee efforts, and d) perform other duties as based on board needs and the director’s abilities and interests.
An At-Large Director may be assigned a specific role, which could include one of the following:
Sustainability Director – to direct KSHE membership participation in support of the ASHE sustainability goals.
Education Director – to assist the Education V.P. in the furtherance of KSHE’s primary objective: to serve healthcare facility leaders and their partners in industry by providing education, development and advancement of knowledge and skills related to the physical environment disciplines, with a focus on improving patient safety and quality care.
Membership Director – to assist the Membership V.P. in growing the Chapter and in identifying and addressing the needs of its membership.
KSHE Liaisons maintain a critical connection between the KSHE Board of Directors and a designated board, association or organization. Liaisons are appointed as ex-officio members of the KSHE Board of Directors to ensure healthy relationships between partnering associations and organizations. The expertise of the liaison with regards to their specific industry is essential to the success of KSHE and healthcare in Kentucky.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and participates as a non-voting member in all board of directors’ meetings. The board typically meets once per month via teleconference, once in-person in advance of the annual conference, and in-person for a two-day strategic planning session.
- Facilitates communication between the Board and the appointed group.
- Communicates to the KSHE board the needs and priorities of their organization.
- Keeps their respective organization informed of KSHE activity and programming.
- Serves on committees where the liaison’s appointed group is involved or impacted.
- Identifies potential cross-collaboration opportunities that align with the strategic initiatives of both organizations and facilitates dialogue surrounding these opportunities.